Website Remake

By AdamThompson 5y ago

Here's a sneak preview of a site remake I did tonight, which includes a new logo:
http://new.firstearthgame.com/

When I'm ready, I'll be moving it to the main firstearthgame.com in conjunction with some other things I'm working on. It looks very similar to the old site, but is a completely different backend. It no longer runs on WordPress, so less worry about security holes or updates breaking it. It can now support FE user identities, which relates to another update I'm doing, and will be great in the future. And it has a responsive design so that it finally looks good on mobile devices.

Looks good Adam how have things been going?

-Alpha 5y ago
Thanks Alpha. It's been a fight to make time to work on FE the last couple months, but it's getting a lot easier this last week. If I can keep this up we'll be playing in no time, but we'll see whether I can.

-AdamThompson 5y ago
Hello I found your Game through research in to Player created content. After reading your website I decided to join. Looking forward to seeing how this game progresses.

-Darkagnon 5y ago
Welcome :) I'm glad to hear it's showing up under searches for player-created content!

-AdamThompson 5y ago
I've built us a new very simple forum, I'll probably be deploying it within the next few days. Our current accounts and posts will all be migrated.

-AdamThompson 5y ago
Hi Adam I fell off a mountain top in to a sky filled abyss. There is a few screen shots of it, What needs to happen to get me back in the game?

-Darkagnon 5y ago
Hey Dark :) I saw those screens! Just log back in and hit ESC to get the menu, then hit the "warp to origin" (or something like that) button. That resets you to the spawn point.

-AdamThompson 5y ago
Doesn't work, I've tried the spawn to origin button still nothing.

-Darkagnon 5y ago
That's strange, could you try a few things for me?
- Login and take a new screenshot of where you're stuck (Use "~" key).
- Then try the "teleport to origin" button and see if anything changes, if so take another screen.
- Then try the "Delete download cache" button, and close and reopen the whole game.

-AdamThompson 5y ago
Well I tried it with no effect. What else is there to do?

-Darkagnon 5y ago
I can reset your character. I'll do that tomorrow and post when I do.

-AdamThompson 5y ago
Hi Adam looking to see if you could reset my character?

-Darkagnon 5y ago
Sorry I haven't yet, I've been immersed in water. I tried to do it remotely just now for an hour but it was too hard to do remotely. I'll do it next time I go to the office, probably this weekend. I'll email you when it's done. Thanks for waiting.

-AdamThompson 5y ago
Login or Register to reply.