What's New?

By Greatest 3y ago

I haven't been around to ask in a while, so just wondering...

3 days with no reply as to whats new...does that mean the game was abandoned?

-Greatest 3y ago
No, and you shouldn't give up hope so quickly. There's been a huge paradigm shift in the way the game is being developed if you read all the forum posts along with how its being funded. I imagine Adam's fairly busy getting on with it. However I did come here for an update so Adam, if you could oblige, I'd appreciate it ^_^

-Flameturtle 3y ago
Hey you guys, thanks for asking and sticking around as always.

Still funded and still working on it. I made a thread for WebGL updates, but, seems like I'm terrible at doing small update threads. When I get involved in solving programming problems I forget everything else. Then when I solve something, I just move on to the next thing without thinking about getting social about it.

I know we're in crazy territory of lack of actual game updates. It's just how it's going for me. If checking the forum is getting boring, wait for a newsletter; I'll send the first/next one when there's something majorly new to check out.

I'm working on character customization. Before, everyone was just one character, male or female. That's okay for testing but it's pretty important in a multiplayer game that people look different. I'm trying to do that on the cheap. A new system came out for Unity3D and I'm seeing if I can make it look acceptable for this game.

There are a lot of things like that, which seem essential. I'm learning to shortcut on non-essentials (like feet being flat on the ground vs floating on slopes), and trying to avoid doing any extra work. The project is really big. Still focused on it though.

-AdamThompson 3y ago
Have you considered finding a friend (partner) who would be willing to help code the game? A friend who is very code savvy or graphics savvy.... sometimes having a buddy helps a long way : )

-Glossen 3y ago
:) I don't really know how to go about that. I've looked for partners; it needs to be someone who understands the vision of the game enough to invest their own time into it. I do think it would help, although there would be some overhead.

-AdamThompson 3y ago
Not sure what I could suggest there. I can fully understand your dream of creating First Earth in the way that YOU want or have planned. If you did find someone it may just be possible that you 'hit it off' and create an even better game than you thought possible.

Whatever you decide or end up with, continued good luck.

-Spolmit 3y ago
anything at all happening lately?

-Greatest 3y ago
Nothing new to show yet. Still working at it. It's probably going to be a couple months before anything big is done.

-AdamTest 3y ago
^ That is me, a test account.

-AdamThompson 3y ago
Great to hear from you. I guess I can get back to Wurm and enjoy some pottering around while waiting for the next update here.

Good luck.

-Spolmit 3y ago
Glad to have helped. A couple months of Wurm sounds fun!

-AdamThompson 3y ago
oo the place that usually has offline written in red has online written in green. does that mean the game is open, or are you just testing something?

-Greatest 2y ago
Just testing "guest mode". Now literally anyone can run the WebGL client from the Play page, even if they're not logged in. Makes it easy for people to check out the game in the future once it's a game.

I'll be breaking stuff constantly here so uh watch out for that :-P. I reeeeeealy want to add property claims. Guest mode people will be locked onto the property square they start with.

-AdamThompson 2y ago
not anyone, if you are logged in and your account is "inactive" it just gives you the option to buy. I would log out and try it, but I've had my account set to stay logged in so long I don't actually know what my password is...

-Greatest 2y ago
decided to try on a different browser, but it doesn't work in IE :(

-Greatest 2y ago
Sorry it's a bit busted right now while I work on it. However, the best thing to try at this moment is as a guest; log out or go in a browser's Incognito mode to the Play link. As of right now, that should make you choose a name then put you into the game client.

-AdamThompson 2y ago
Firefox or Chrome would be ideal. The very newest IE (Edge) sort of works, and safari sort of works.

-AdamThompson 2y ago
Greatest, I really appreciate how you still visit when there's changes, and your debugging this today - I added a couple months credit to your account :) And I fixed accounts, so everyone with a current account should be able to see the game while logged in (or as a guest, too).

-AdamThompson 2y ago
Just fixed some more bugs with it.

-AdamThompson 2y ago
Are we able to login again and see progress / look for bugs????

-Glossen 2y ago
@Glossen, there's nothing really cool yet to check out. Have to keep waiting for that. But it's possible to see the state of the game; just hit the Play link, either logged in or with an incognito tab. It might be broken some days because I'm actively working on it. Any progress I make will appear right in there. I'll announce when I add anything cool, like fire.

-AdamThompson 2y ago
Looks like some accounts may have been unable to load it recently due to a bug, fixed that.

-AdamTest 2y ago
Login or Register to reply.