Is Developement Still Active?

By Slapacookie 4y ago

Is the developement of the game still active? This is an amazing game idea, and Id hate for it to go inactive?

Hi there, yep I'm still developing, just in uneven sprints. Thanks for the encouragement :)

I think I'm close to getting some fun gameplay in. I can't promise anything except that I'll keep at this until I have a game. The slow speed of development is largely a personal issue that I'm constantly working to improve.

-AdamThompson 4y ago
Well you should try and see if you can get marketing out there, maybe get a few extra hands, Cause in my opinion this is one of those games you cant let go of. I know budget is probably bad but try kickstarter when you got gameplay in. Get the game out there start doing more youtube videos on what you got right now to get hype going.

-Slapacookie 4y ago
First thing is definitely to get gameplay. Agree about not letting it go :)

I think the hype will be easy and the key is getting gameplay programmed in.

-AdamThompson 4y ago
Just keep a positive mind-set Adam. I cannot wait to see the next build- if it has some gameplay then that would be great and I am sure it would provide new impetus to First Earth- meanwhile it's back to Wurm :)

-Spolmit 4y ago
Yeah I think once gameplay is set in then I know Ill be playing alot, but just stay on task Adam. You got one hell of an amazing idea, keep at it.

-Slapacookie 4y ago
Thanks for that, and thanksfor checking in, Spolmit :) I want to get gameplay going even just for myself, I want to play this game too, that's why I'm making it!

-AdamThompson 4y ago
So when do you think you shall have the first sight of gameplay in?

-Slapacookie 4y ago
No idea, not going to make more promises. Normally you can see dev screenshots for the upcoming build in /screens, but the UI I'm adding right now (time+health) is excluded from screenshots.

-AdamThompson 4y ago
Hey man no worries, but whenever that gameplay comes out you can expect me to be on there testing it. But a good idea is to somehow get a free mumble server going when you do, so you can interact with people playing. Maybe get so help with bugs and such. I think it would be a big support method.

-Slapacookie 4y ago
Will be glad to have you testing!

-AdamThompson 4y ago
Though let me ask this Adam, as a Developer, what is your long term goal for the future of this game? I know this question may not be all set in yet, and it is very early to ask, I just thought Id ask anyway.

-Slapacookie 4y ago
In what aspect do you mean? Once FE is public and growing, I plan to spend a few more years putting most of the profits into perfecting it by adding features, improving things, and hiring programmers and graphics artists. Once I'm happy with the game, I'll remain owner and use the income to create at least two other game ideas I have, which may be based on the same engine (or possibly even integrated into FE's story).

-AdamThompson 4y ago
Would be pretty cool if you based a games lore off of player events that happen in FE. Or maybe put it into a different genre, basically using a game to create a new one in a way. But that would be awesome. You answered the question good. I just wanted to ask to get a better perspective on your thoughts of the games future. But it would be nice to see you get more programmers. I can not wait for FE to start actually having gameplay, maybe some kind of shop in the future for like clothing also, that would be amazing.

-Slapacookie 4y ago
I always like talking about my ideas for it, so I'm glad you asked :)

More programmers would definitely help. I'm a good programmer, but my talent is game design, and I know programmers who are genius compared to me.

Clothing is a hard one because shape variations require a modeler. But colors and stats should be possible to invent like anything else.

-AdamThompson 4y ago
Awesome :D Well I must say, ive been able to talk to some developers, but none seem to spark my interest or well have so much interest in there game persay other then you, mostly cause as a single developer you seem to have done a great job so far. But one question will you be doing a website revamp in the future, with more forums and such, not to say this one is bad, I actually like the feel of it :D, just to support more of a community not sure if the layout of the forums is good since it would be a cluster of topics and no real organization.

-Slapacookie 4y ago
Thank you :)

I never liked forum categories, but I think it's a wait-and-see type of thing, plus I have to make sure to keep the site low-priority compared to the game.

-AdamThompson 4y ago
Well alright then, I hope to see some gameplay within early 2015 :D

-Slapacookie 4y ago
lol I was hoping to see it early 2013. still checking in every so often, not sure why...

-Greatest 4y ago
Please keep checking, things are happening on the backend. I'll send out an email when there's big news, though.

-AdamThompson 4y ago
Do not worry Adam, take your time on things, never rush. When you rush games like this it always turns out bad. when you are ready to release, release.

-Slapacookie 4y ago
Login or Register to reply.