New Forum and Website

By AdamThompson 5y ago

Hello forum members,

This is our new forum! I coded it from scratch over the last few days - that's why it's so basic. It integrates fully with our game accounts, which will be useful once we're all playing. Let me know if you find any problems with it.

Members of the old forum: Your account is still here, but you have to retrieve a new password, because the passwords couldn't be transferred for security reasons. To get access to your account, go to "Reset Password" and submit your email address, then click the link in the email you'll be sent, which will let you set a new password. Your account will be linked to all your old threads, comments, and screenshots. Thanks for going through all of that. If you have any trouble, email me info@ this domain.

In a few days, after testing this a bit, I'll announce the new site and forum on a newsletter, along with a few other good announcements. I may want to release a new game build before that. I'm also going to start doing short daily videos soon.

I really want to thank everyone for your patience with me while I work to finish the game. Things are picking up again, and we're close to gameplay!

Everyone's screenshots taken in-game now appear instantly in the "Screens" link on the left, as well as just yours on your player profile (click your username at the top right when logged in).

-AdamThompson 5y ago
I've moved the very old "blogs" to forum threads here. The URLs are redirected so links and bookmarks should generally all still work. E.g. http://firstearthgame.com/forum/12136

-AdamThompson 5y ago
I can't say I like it. Previous forum was already pretty bad, especially when it comes to formatting posts, but it still has some basic functionalities like forum sections, searching or timestamps.

And this thing here... has nothing. I wouldn't even call it a forum.
And I don't understand what was the change for.

It's fine for now as there's not much talk going around. But why?

-Procne 5y ago
The reason for doing this is it takes less time to maintain, and it's easier to add features. I like the simplicity of it.

Thanks for pointing out specific issues with it. I agree on those. I just added searching (top right) and timestamps, and will add categories once they're needed.

-AdamThompson 5y ago
lol so I'm not crazy...spent almost 10 minutes trying to log in when I came back

hi all

-Greatest 5y ago
Sorry about that! Welcome back :)

-AdamThompson 5y ago
I added a note on the login page about it to help with that confusion.

-AdamThompson 5y ago
Login or Register to reply.